Pa'rus Trail at Zion National Park
I read mixed reviews about the Pa’rus Trail at Zion National Park, the only dog friendly hike at Zion, and I was unsure about whether to add it to my itinerary. Well here are a couple of pictures and more details abut the trail that should help you decide on why you should or shouldn’t add it to your itinerary.
If you want to see video footage as well click here for our Instagram Reel and here for our TikTok.
First, let’s start off by saying that it was amazing to have at least one hike in a National Park that allowed dogs. We road tripped from Texas to Utah and it was nice being able to bring her along on this trail and not worrying about getting doggy daycare for her.
Pa’rus trail is completely paved and is known for being dog friendly, wheelchair accessible and perfect for a leisurely stroll or a bike ride.I
The only dog friendly trail at Zion: Pa'rus Trail
City: near Springdale, Utah
Location: Zion National Park
Parking: Zion has a parking lot or there is paid parking at Zion Canyon Village, and they have an entrance to the park. Then, it’s a short walk to the beginning of the trail. This is one of the trails you don’t need a shuttle for.
Length: 3.4 Roundtrip paved trail
Time: 1-2 hours
Best Time to visit: Year round, but it is definitely hotter in the summer, and beware there is no shade on the trail.
What to bring: Walking shoes and water.
Fee: Entrance to Zion National Park is $35 or use your America the Beautiful Pass National Park Pass click here to purchase.
Do the Pa'rus Trail if:
– You have an extra hour or two. We got into Zion around 5pm and headed straight to the park. Obviously we didn’t have time for a harder hike so it was nice to enjoy the views and take a break from all the hikes.
– You brought your dog. This is the only dog friendly trail at Zion.
– You want to enjoy the views at a slower space. We seriously kept stopping for pictures, we went at sunset so the colors changing were beautiful!
Don't do the Pa'rus trail if:
– You have limited time at the park. There are other more amazing hikes such as Angels Landing and The Narrows.
– You are looking for a difficult hike. This is more of a leisurely stroll.
– You are looking for the best views of Zion. The trail is fairly flat so don’t expect the best view in Zion.
Leave a Reply